Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Introspection on Year End

The “New Year” marks the passing of the old, and the prospect for a new Start.

 Most it would appear have a period of introspection. Well I sure do. 

This new year I thought I’d be spending it with the Alaskan, well that didn’t come to pass. Jacques Prevert the French philosopher poet summed it up well enough:

 The Dead Leaves

 Oh I wish so much you would remember

 those happy days when we were friends.

Life in those times was so much brighter

and the sun was hotter than today.

Dead leaves picked up by the shovelful.

You see, I have not forgotten.

 Dead leaves picked up by the shovelful,

 memories and regrets also,

 and the North wind carries them away

 into the cold night of oblivion.

You see, I have not forgotten

 the song that you sang for me:

 It is a song resembling us.

 We lived together, the both of us,

 you who loved me

 and I who loved you.

 But life drives apart those who love

 ever so softly

without a noise

 and the sea erases from the sand

 the steps of lovers gone their ways.

 So for the few girls who were part of my life in the past many years, here’s to you.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment