Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fence Viewer


Today at the suggestion of Charlie the Justice of the Peace I went to the Municipal hall to apply to become a Fence Viewer, speak to Susan he said.

What pray tell is a fence viewer? According to wikipedia or some other internet site…

“A Fence Viewer is a town or city official who administers fence laws by inspecting new fence and settlement of disputes arising from trespass by livestock that have escaped enclosure. The office of Fence Viewer is one of the oldest appointments in Vermont.”

Perfect it’s all about livestock! I am eminently qualified.

I meet with Susan and much to my disappointment there’s no official form to fill in. There is no stipend. Then I find out that Susan is a fence Viewer so I wonder if she’s holding out on me to protect her position?

The Fence Viewers are appointed by the towns selectmen, therefore a strategy of serious sucking up is in order. The appointment is at the end of April. I must start my campaign. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment